I made Korean fried chicken last night. It was a lot of work, and really tasty but the fermented Watermelon radish that I fermented to accompany the chicken stole the show. I will be definitively making this once our CSA starts up again.
I have gone completely fermenting mad. It’s official, I love to ferment. So much so I have been buying fermentation jars on sale despite not have any counter-tops. (we are currently redoing our kitchen all by ourselves).
Fermented Watermelon Radishes
- 4 watermelon radishes
- 2 cups filtered water
- 2-4 teaspoons of un refined sea salt
- two garlic cloves (grated)
- 1-1/2 piece of ginger, grated
- Slice the radish skin on, place into a glass jar that has a lid.
- Mix the filtered water with the salt(you can adjust the salt to your liking), garlic and ginger
- pour over the radishes and place the lid on the jar and ferment for 1-2 weeks(I leave the ferments on my kitchen counter for a week or two and then put it in the fridge).
- The best way to know if your ferment is ready is to taste as you go!