Yesterday I had the most productive of days! I hadn’t had time to think of what to make for dinner so I threw this salad together to compliment a pasta dish. I’m a fan of using citrus in salad when tomatoes aren’t in season. Navel oranges have been so sweet lately that I will take any opportunity to incorporate them into a salad, or fruit plate for lunch and this salad is no exception.
Orange, Avocado, Arugula and Sweet Onion Salad
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 2 navel oranges, with the peel cut off and sliced horizontally
- 1/2 of a onion, sliced
- 1 bunch of arugula, cleaned a few times it can have a lot of sand
dressing (all to taste)
- lime juice
- maple syrup
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Cut the oranges into skinless slices (For tips on how to cut the navel oranges check out this pictural)
- peel and cut the avocado and slice the onions
- assemble the dressing to your taste ( i like it tangy and salty)
- assemble on a plate and pour dressing over the salad! Enjoy!