- 2 pound eggplant, sliced
- salt the eggplant on both sides and use a paper towel to soak up water
- juice of one lemon(you can also use red wine vinegar)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Broil for about 10 minutes on each side.
- 1 cup brown basmanti rice
- 1 onion, diced
- olive oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 chicken bullion(of good quality)
- 2 cups water
- In a pot saute onions until soft.
- Add curry powder and turmeric and then rice. Brown.
- Dissolve the bouillon in water.
- Add to rice and cook as you normally would rice.
Disclosure: Silvana Nardone is a client of my sister and I’s company Sheepdog Print and Design, LLC.