Sometimes the best defense against the urge to eat out is having a stocked pantry. Having frozen beef in the freezer is another bonus and with a bit of skill and inspiration you can have dinner on the table in a few minutes. This dish was one of those eureka moments, where I created a quick but fantastic meal with the ingredients I had on had. One of my favorite meals are Japanese -style ground chicken over rice. They marinate the chicken in rice wine and soy sauce and I was thinking beef would be fantastic this way too, and instead of rice I used noodles. I had picked up fresh green peppers and onion at my neighbor’s vegetable stand and they were a fantastic compliment. The sichuan peppercorns takes this dish to a another level with their spicy perfume flavor. So good. And easy.
- 1- package rice noodles cooked as instructed
- 1 pound of ground beef, thawed
- 2 tablespoons sherry or rice wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- olive oil to cover pan
- 1 small onion sliced
- 3- fresh green peppers, sliced
- 1 teaspoon of crushed sichuan peppercorns
- This picture is a bit messy looking. I was making a dinner for my parents, and because of the late nights my father is pulling.
- Marinate the beef with sherry, soy sauce and salt.
- In a large skillet or wok heat oil and add onion. Then beef brown. Add green peppers, saute.
- Add cooked rice noodles, then crushed sichuan peppercorns. Toss and heat through.Enjoy!