One of my favorite budget friendly restaurants is the Grand Sichuan, their “Cumin Beef” is one of the most unusual but addictive dishes. This steak is inspired by this dish! You can use any steak for this dish but I am a big fan of the top round London broil steak, it is budget friendly, beefy and makes a great steak for a crowd. Serve it with mashed potatoes or boiled new potatoes!
Cumin Crusted Grass-fed Steak
- 1 grass-fed top round London broil steak(2-3 pounds)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- toasted sesame oil to season
- Mix above ingredients, except sesame oil, and marinate steak for at least two hours or up to a day.
- Grill as you normally would a grassfed steak at a low heat, to an internal temperature of about 120 for about 10 minutes each side(this is dependent on your steak thickness and your grill heat).
- Let rest before slicing against grain.
- Serve with sweet onion and cilantro.Drizzle with sesame oil.