Planning weekends upstate is a favorite past time of mine. I love shopping and menu planning but some weekends I come unprepared and home fries always come to my rescue. Potatoes keep well and are the perfect breakfast accompaniment for fried eggs. Also, I love to add whatever herb is doing well in our herb patch; chives do well all growing season up here in the cool Catskill mountains. Home fries are simple, good but extremely filling. Good thing we have a 10 mile bike ride to the farm in front of us and a day of planting potatoes!
Home Fried Potatoes with Fresh Chives
- 1 pound cooked potatoes
- fat to cover the pan such as bacon or duck fat, olive or canola oil
- seasoning of your choice(I used a Cajun spice mix)
- 1 teaspoon of corn starch
- fresh chives, chopped
- In a heavy skilled heat oil or fat with a medium high heat.
- Add potatoes and chop up with utensil.
- Cook until browned.
- Add seasoning and corn starch
- brown some more.
- Add chives and season with salt.