For the first dinner for the Week of Eating in I was happy to celebrate the inauguration with my California cousin, two of my sister’s and one of their boyfriends. The menu? Old fashioned braised short ribs(recipe below), pistachio lemon linguine and a killer salad. We talked for a long while, about what was going on in our lives and also our shared relatives. Sadly, my cousin Ramona’s grandmother Bayla passed away a few months ago. Bayla was my great aunt, she was glamorous, fantastic and kind. She is missed. My best food memories with her are scouring Chinatown for the best Chinese food and also her favorite Indian restaurant on the upper east side.
Because citrus is in season, I decide to go with a pasta dish and also the short raised ribs. I had a similar dish at a restaurant a while back and this is my recreation. I love the creamy lemon flavors with the surprising toasted pistachio thrown in!
Lemon Pistachio Linguine
- 1 pound thin linguine
- 1 stick butter
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (1 large lemons)
- juice of one-two tablespoons
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped toasted pistachios
- 1/2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano
- Cook pasta as directed.
- In a sauce pan melt butter of medium heat.
- Add half and half.
- add lemon zest, lemon juice and whisk together.
- add cheese.
- In a serving bowl toss sauce with cooked pasta and garish with roughly chopped pistachios. Serve immediately!
- Serves 4 -6.