Avocado Omelet with Cherry Tomato Lime Relish
- 5 eggs
- A dash of milk, half and half, cream or even water
- Tab of butter
- 4 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled
- Some monterey jack cheese, grated
- 3/4 avocado, cubed
- A handful of cherry tomatoes, grape or even a plum tomato
- Juice of half a lime
- A small handful of cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation: Mix the eggs and half and half with fork, in a heavy medium sized non -stick skillet melt butter and reduce the heat to low, add eggs, then cheese, then avocado then the bacon, cook at a low eat for up to 15 minutes then fold gently to create the omelet. The secret to a light and delicate omelet is the low heat!
Meanwhile assemble the relish by cutting the cherry or grape tomatoes in half season with salt and fresh pepper; toss with lime juice, serve as a garish with half the omelet. This serves two people!