- 1 onion minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- one package of frozen leaf spinach or a bunch of fresh spinach(washed and chopped)
- one can of refried beans
- one cup rice(three cups when cooked) brown rice is best in this recipe
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack Cheese
- Frugal winter salsa
- Cilantro sour cream(recipe below)
- large flour tortillas
- Melt butter in nonstick pan then add garlic and onion, cook until caramelized.
- Add frozen spinach with half a cup of water, cook for ten to 15 minutes on a medium to low heat, salt and pepper to taste.
- In another pan heat refried beans. Cook rice.
- Grate cheese and prepare salsa. Heat flour tortilla in a pan, and place rice in center of burrito, then refried beans, cheese, spinach, salsa and then the cilantro sour cream.
- Fold ends and then close.
Cilantro sour cream
- For the Spinach Burrito, I love to mix sour cream with a cilantro relish that you can buy at Indian markets.
- It is really good, if you can not get that, fresh minced cilantro mixed with sour cream is great too! Enjoy!